Monday, January 10, 2011

Seed Packets

Whispers of snow sweep here and there.  Woodstove warmth kneads my back as I sit at the kitchen table, flipping through seed magazines with my husband and sipping hot chocolate.  It's heartening to think of a lush garden growing fresh fruits and vegetables, especially on a day that promises flurries.  Hope lingers among the long winter days.

Soon, seed packets in hand, we'll be poking holes in tilled soil, nestling seeds of various sizes.  And as the days slightly lengthen, little sprouts will grow to bring a dazzling and quite yummy yield to our family.  So much from little packets with the tiniest of contents.

Is there something in your life that seems tiny, friend, but brings the greatest joy to your life?  For me?  My life is covered in abundant blessings blooming from little bitty origins: baby hugs and smiles, first steps teetering across the floor, inquisitive comments from a loquacious three-year-old, loving words and glances from my husband, encouragement when least expected, prismed light sprayed across the room by a suncatcher.

And you, friend?  What tiny seed plants hope and joy for you?

1 comment:

  1. I have this image of little seeds smiling up at you as you poke them into the ground -- all tucked in warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!